Accessibility Statement for Sloppy Joe’s Website
Updated August 26, 2021
Sloppy Joe’s is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Sloppy Joe’s takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Sloppy Joe’s Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Subscribe to AQA, a WCAG 2.1 AA automated website scan tool to ensure technical compliance.
- Hire outside consultants to manually scan our site to uncover elements not discovered by the AQA tool as well as to provide additional recommendations for greater compliance.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Sloppy Joe’s Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Sloppy Joe’s Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Sloppy Joe’s Website:
- Phone: (305) 296-2388, ext. 121
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Visitor address: 201 Duval Street, Key West Florida 33040
- Postal address: 201 Duval Street, Key West Florida 33040
We try to respond to feedback within a Normal response of 24 hours, over weekends, vacations, and holidays may be longer response time.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Sloppy Joe’s Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox are all compatible browsers.
Accessibility of Sloppy Joe’s Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browsers and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of Sloppy Joe’s Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Sloppy Joe’s Website:
- Events Calendar: Our website is built using the content management system, WordPress. The events calendar plugin used on our website has some links that are missing text. Because the events calendar is a third-party developed tool and we do not have the capability to have these removed. We have reached out to the third-party developer and have made them aware of the ADA non-compliance issue. These are empty links that do not provide any user benefit but wanted our users to know this..
- Live Webcams: The live webcams on our website are not closed captioned, because there is not a technical means possible to have live webcams captioned. When technology becomes available to have live video captioned for streaming webcams, we will embark on its integration.
- Virtual Tour
- alternative text contains image file name
- order of headings is not correct
- empty link
- empty heading
- duplicate values of type ID
- incorrect child element in list
- name of link can not be programmatically determined
Sloppy Joe’s assessed the accessibility of Sloppy Joe’s Website by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation – the entire site was tested using AQA, and enterprise level Accessibility reporting tool based on the technology provided by the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, created by WebAIM.org, a third-party authority in web accessibility. The site is tested periodically to ensure any added or edited content conforms with the latest accessibility guidelines, as reported by the WAVE tool.
- External evaluation – we hire outside consultants to manually scan our website using assistive technologies and provide additional recommendations that the AQA tool does not uncover.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Director of Marketing
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 1 business day and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to Sloppy Joe’s, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
This statement was created using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.
Subsequent reports were run on: 8/26/2021; 7/28/2021; 6/20/2021; 5/16/2021; 4/20/2021; 3/2/2021; 1/15/2021; 11/16/2020; 10/20/2020; 09/16/2020; 08/18/2020; 07/15/2020; 06/15/2020; 05/15/2020; 04/15/2020; 03/17/2020; 02/17/2020; 12/17/2019; 11/21/2019; 10/21/2019; 09/21/19; 08/08/19; 07/08/19