Just for Fun
Fun Things To Know…
- Sloppy Joe’s is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- The Sloppy Rita was named “Best Margarita” in Florida by reader of Florida Monthly Magazine.
- Two Cuban National Record fish hang in the bar – one is a Marlin which is 569 lbs. caught by author Phil Caputo, and the second is a Dolphin which is 67.5 lbs. caught by the Sloppy Joe’s Fishing Team in 1998.
- A second huge Marlin hangs on the picture wall.
- The picture wall inside Sloppy Joe’s features photos of Hemingway throughout his life.
- The winners of Sloppy Joe’s Hemingway Look-Alike Contests fill another picture wall at the Satellite Bar.
- The airplane propeller, which hangs over the Main Bar, was from one of the first PAN AM flights between Key West and Havana.
- March 15, 2008 Kenny Chesney first performed at Sloppy Joe’s for 4 hours and 20 minutes. Chesney’s second unannounced show was March 14, 2009 taking the stage for 2 hours and 30 minutes. His third performance “Kenny in The Keys” show was March 16, 2016, performing 3 hours and 15 minutes, Eric Church and Old Dominion’s Matthew Ramsey joined Kenny on stage.
- Billy Currington and his band performed a 90 minute show at Sloppy Joe’s December 5, 2009.
The Annual Hemingway Look-Alike contest.
True. Live entertainment 365 days a year, from Noon to 2:00am each day.
Sloppy Joe’s Annual Toga Party
Sloppy Joe’s Annual Dropping of the Conch Shell
Jun for Fun
The beginning of U.S. 1 in March 1951; U.S. 1 has since been extended to the Monroe County Courthouse in downtown Key West.
Just For Fun
This photo was sent in by a customer seeking the Coconga Cocktail which used to be featured on the outside of Sloppy Joe’s in the early 60s.
Sloppy Joe’s at Sun Life Stadium in Miami
Sloppy Joe’s is proud to be representing the Florida Keys and Key West at Sun Life Stadium in Miami.
Mariel Hemingway films a reality pilot in Key West and at Sloppy Joe’s
Mariel Hemingway, granddaughter of Ernest Hemingway, recently filmed a reality pilot in Key West and at Sloppy Joe’s.
Sloppy Joes, Key West, FL
It was September 8, 1978 when late Sidney Snelgrove and the late Jim Mayer became owners of the world-famous watering hole “Sloppy Joe's Bar.”
The Sloppy Joe’s Fishing Team followed Ernest Hemingway’s tradition by going to Cuba and bringing back THE BIG ONE – a Cuban National Record Dolphin at 67.5 pounds!